Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Audio not playing on generic client.

appublicappublic Posts: 1Members

So my parents have bought a new TV. It was cheap, but it claims It's a smart TV. I used a free alternative before plex, but some files refused to play on the TV. I decided to switch to Plex, because my parents want to watch moovies on the TV. With plex the moovies start playing, but there is no audio. If I play a stereo file it plays fine (Dolby D), but when I try to play those wich have no audio the TV displays the DTS logo, with Kodi I can see that these are sorround files, and they play fine. Because It's a generic Tv there is no documentation on it. As I read on this forum, I would need to change the setting in the TV to only request stereo, but there is no such setting in the TV's menu. Maybe there is a way to get plex to transcode my audio? I have seen someone editing an XML file and it fixed it for him, but for me there is still no sound. After I have edited the XML file and restarted plex I have the same problem. Any ideas?