Our forum migration to Discourse is underway and scheduled to last through June 21. During the migration, the forums will be read-only, except for a single temporary forum (contents of which will not be getting transferred). Read our announcement post for more information about the forum migration.
Hey folks, there is a new Podcast category for forums https://forums.plex.tv/categories/podcasts
If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

New to PLEX

jmn707jmn707 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 2 Plex Pass

So I am new to Plex is there a way to add kodi as a channel?
I am trying to add kodi to my ROKU using plex any thoughts or guides.

Answers

• Elijah_BaleyElijah_Baley Members, Plex Pass Posts: 5,075 Plex Pass

Impossible to do that.

On Android devices a Plex client can run as an addon to Kodi but Kodi can never run as an addon to Plex.

On the Roku Kodi cannot run as Roku is too closed a system. There are reports about people gettin some form of Kodi running on a Roku but those reports have never been substantiated as far as I know.

“The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use them.” Philip K. Dic*k (This STUPID forum software does not allow a perfectly valid last name, hence the unusual looking formating)

From a High School paper on Greek Philosophers:
    "Socrates was a famous Greek teacher who went around giving people advice. They killed him. Socrates died from an overdose of wedlock."