If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Where did playlists go?

DrOctDrOct Posts: 31Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi there,

I know playlists are a feature that hasn't gotten a lot of love in a while, but I have some I use to watch certain shows in my preferred viewing order, including specials and such.

I got home from vacation to the new AppleTV app and I can't find playlists anywhere. Where did they go? Can I use playlists in the AppleTV app anymore? If they are in there somewhere, where do I find them?

Thanks for any help.

Tagged:

Best Answers

• DrOctDrOct Posts: 31Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Accepted Answer

Hi there, sorry I posted and then disappeared for a while. Life got a bit busy!

Anyway, I did eventually find them, in the left panel (which I found by accident as I almost never use that). I also found they were in the top menu, but what I also found was that the top menu wasn't always working. Sometimes when I tapped up (I use a Harmony remote rather than the apple remote), the top menu would be there, but often it wouldn't, (I'd click upward and the top menu would never show up, which made me initially think it had been eliminated in a redesign, which is why I though maybe playlists were just gone) at least not until I went to the left panel and chose playlists, that would seem to sort of "wake up" the top menu.

Anyway, there appears to have been an update since I last posted or it's just worked itself out, becuase now I can consistently get to the top menu, which of course makes playlists easy to get to (and now I know I can go left to get to them too). Anyway, thanks for the response and apologies for the late reply.

Answers

• DrOctDrOct Posts: 31Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Accepted Answer

Hi there, sorry I posted and then disappeared for a while. Life got a bit busy!

Anyway, I did eventually find them, in the left panel (which I found by accident as I almost never use that). I also found they were in the top menu, but what I also found was that the top menu wasn't always working. Sometimes when I tapped up (I use a Harmony remote rather than the apple remote), the top menu would be there, but often it wouldn't, (I'd click upward and the top menu would never show up, which made me initially think it had been eliminated in a redesign, which is why I though maybe playlists were just gone) at least not until I went to the left panel and chose playlists, that would seem to sort of "wake up" the top menu.

Anyway, there appears to have been an update since I last posted or it's just worked itself out, becuase now I can consistently get to the top menu, which of course makes playlists easy to get to (and now I know I can go left to get to them too). Anyway, thanks for the response and apologies for the late reply.