Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

PlexConnect on ATV3: Can'T play content

domperignon3domperignon3 Posts: 42Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hello,

I finally configured PlexConnect, and it’s… almost working! Kudos to the PlexConnect and OpenPlex teams, this is amazing and exactly what I was looking for!

Installation was not as easy as expected. I first tried the PlexConnect installer but never got it to work. I then found out about OpenPlex and got a couple steps farther. I got stuck with an AppleTV 3 that would not let me enter an alternative certificate location (Pressing Play did not work). I eventually stumbled upon a page about Apple Configurator 2 (https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/201887/apple-configurator-2-how-2) and installed the files with a USB cable.

That done I managed to get Trailers to display all the content my Plex server content. Quite excited almost there!

All the details are below.

Problem 1) This is a minor one: I’m not seeing any thumbnails in list or grid view. Are those supposed to take a while to download (quite a big library)? Or do is there a setting I need to look into in PMS.

FYI if I select a movie or TV series I do see its art/posters.

If you have advice please let me know.

Problem 2) Whatever movie/TV show I pick, when I click on the Play button I get an error message: « An Error occurred loading this content ».

FYI PMS and ATV are connected to the same router with a cable, and I don’t have remote access enabled (can’t figure out the routing issue, probably a double NAT because that router is plugged to my ISP’s router).

Thanks for your help and thanks to everyone who are making this happen!

Dom

——————

Your ATV model: 3, model A1469, firmware version  7.2.2 (8015)

The DNS server set on the ATV: 192.168.0.100, manual, wired to my router.

The local IP address of the device that PlexConnect is installed on:  192.168.0.100

The device and operating system (including version number) that PlexConnect is installed on: iMac 7,1 (2007) running Mac OS 10.10.5 

The device and operating system (including version number) that the Plex media server (PMS) is installed on: (same as above) iMac 7,1 (2007) running Mac OS 10.10.5 

The Plex media server (PMS) version number you are running (do not put 'latest'):  PMS Version 1.8.4.4249.

The local IP address of the device that the Plex media server (PMS) is installed on: 192.168.0.100

The PlexConnect version number: 0.5-dev-230417 on 2017-08-27
    If you are using any non-standard setup or a fork:  installed using OpenPlex 0.6 on 2017-08-27

The contents of your 'Settings.cfg' file (this is created at first clean shutdown of PlexConnect, using CTR+c)

[PlexConnect]
            enable_plexgdm = True
            ip_pms = 192.168.178.10
            port_pms = 32400
            enable_dnsserver = True
            port_dnsserver = 53
            ip_dnsmaster = 8.8.8.8
            prevent_atv_update = True
            enable_plexconnect_autodetect = True
            ip_plexconnect = 0.0.0.0
            hosttointercept = trailers.apple.com
            port_webserver = 80
            enable_webserver_ssl = True
            port_ssl = 443
            certfile = ./assets/certificates/trailers.pem
            allow_gzip_atv = False
            allow_gzip_pmslocal = False
            allow_gzip_pmsremote = True
            loglevel = Normal
            logpath = .

Detail on the media file: https://pastebin.com/embed_iframe/wPiPU8WW

A detailed description of the issue: Episode poster appears, but when I select Play I get the wheel for 2 seconds followed by an error (something like « Error occured while loading this content. Try later »).

Ensure you post your 'PlexConnect.log' file to pastebin and post the link ('PlexConnect.log' is located in your PlexConnect folder): Too big for Pastebin!
        https://gist.github.com/DomPerignon3/72643cb38149231b72b1f2d4e0c97e98

Newbie running PMS on 2008 iMac + HDHomeRun CONNECT + DIY coat hanger Hoverman antenna