If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

BUG: Samsung Plex app won't play video with 4.1/5.0 DTS audio.

TV: Samsung 55KS8005
TV update: 1201
Plex app: 3.1.0 (3.8.0)
Plex server: 1.8.4.4249

When I try to play a video with 4.1/5.0 DTS audio I get the error message "Conversion failed. The transcoder crashed or failed to start up." This error doesn't come up if I try to play the video in my browser, only when playing on the TV app.

I don't have this issue with any other of my video files with regular 5.1 DTS. The video in question is "Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls" with the DTS-HD audio file.

Comments

  • sa2000sa2000 Posts: 29,181Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, Plex Team Member Plex Team Member

    Help given free on forums.            Fee-Based Personal Support & Help.        

    _______________________________________________________________________________________

    Plex Support Information              Troubleshooting               FAQs

    Plex Media Server:   Reporting Issues        Plex Web App: Debug Log    Plex Apps: Support pages and Logs    Logs: All Logs

    For list of 3rd party programs and malware / adware crashing Plex Media Server and mswsock.dll on windows, see Repeated crashing of Plex Media Server on Windows
     
  • The-Choo-Choo-ShoeThe-Choo-Choo-Shoe Posts: 9Members ✭✭
    edited September 10

    No, file doesn't contain any subtitles. The file is supposed to be 5.0 but Plex thinks it's 4.1, maybe that could be the issue.

    Sample with the issue: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4hwzCPvWTaHeXpaXzFDVUREZ28/view?usp=sharing

  • The-Choo-Choo-ShoeThe-Choo-Choo-Shoe Posts: 9Members ✭✭
    edited September 10

    I noticed that if I enable DTS (DCA) in the app it works but I dunno if it's something I should have enabled or not and my other DTS files work without it.

    I hope that's all the info you needed.

  • The-Choo-Choo-ShoeThe-Choo-Choo-Shoe Posts: 9Members ✭✭
    edited September 10

    I attached the logs and media info you wanted to my other comment but it got hidden, hopefully you can still see the other comment above this one.

  • sa2000sa2000 Posts: 29,181Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, Plex Team Member Plex Team Member

    @The-Choo-Choo-Shoe said:
    I attached the logs and media info you wanted to my other comment but it got hidden, hopefully you can still see the other comment above this one.

    if you used the forum e-mail interface to post then that would not add the attachments

    There are no attachments in your first post

    Help given free on forums.            Fee-Based Personal Support & Help.        

    _______________________________________________________________________________________

    Plex Support Information              Troubleshooting               FAQs

    Plex Media Server:   Reporting Issues        Plex Web App: Debug Log    Plex Apps: Support pages and Logs    Logs: All Logs

    For list of 3rd party programs and malware / adware crashing Plex Media Server and mswsock.dll on windows, see Repeated crashing of Plex Media Server on Windows
     
  • sa2000sa2000 Posts: 29,181Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, Plex Team Member Plex Team Member

    Please also provide media info xml (save as text file and attach) - I have given you the link for how to get that

    And see if issue remains after re-analyzing the media item
    See https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/200289336-Analyze-Media

    Help given free on forums.            Fee-Based Personal Support & Help.        

    _______________________________________________________________________________________

    Plex Support Information              Troubleshooting               FAQs

    Plex Media Server:   Reporting Issues        Plex Web App: Debug Log    Plex Apps: Support pages and Logs    Logs: All Logs

    For list of 3rd party programs and malware / adware crashing Plex Media Server and mswsock.dll on windows, see Repeated crashing of Plex Media Server on Windows
     
  • The-Choo-Choo-ShoeThe-Choo-Choo-Shoe Posts: 9Members ✭✭
    edited September 10

    It was my 3rd post, it got hidden because I edited it and it said it has to be approved to be shown. I attached media info and the Plex logs in that comment. I'll attached them to this comment as well.

    I've tried to analyze it and I also tried making a new library, it was suggested when I googled the issue and that didn't work either.

  • sa2000sa2000 Posts: 29,181Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, Plex Team Member Plex Team Member

    Thanks for the logs and media info. I would like to see logs with verbose logging for a test after analyzing the media file and just do one test.

    The logs provided show the last analyze done at 02:40
    Also you were disabling and re-enabling debug logging

    So please lets do the following

    • enable debug logging and verbose logging on the server.
      (That will allow to see all the parameters for the requests. The log was showing references to the Samsung Tizen profile bit also to Samsung - so i want to be sure the right profile is used)

    • Restart the server

    • Wait 2 minutes
    • Do Media Analyze on E:\Movies\Ace Ventura When Nature Calls (1995) (1080P).mkv through the Plex Web Analyze Media Item interface
    • At the end, re-capture the xml - you can actually do it this way on the server but you need to find the server token first
      (http://127.0.0.1:32400/library/metadata/26351?checkFiles=1&includeBandwidths=1&X-Plex-Token=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)

    • Enable logging on the Samsung App

    • Start to play the video
    • When the error occurs, download the server logs and attach with the media info xml
    • Disable verbose logging once the evidence is captured

    Help given free on forums.            Fee-Based Personal Support & Help.        

    _______________________________________________________________________________________

    Plex Support Information              Troubleshooting               FAQs

    Plex Media Server:   Reporting Issues        Plex Web App: Debug Log    Plex Apps: Support pages and Logs    Logs: All Logs

    For list of 3rd party programs and malware / adware crashing Plex Media Server and mswsock.dll on windows, see Repeated crashing of Plex Media Server on Windows
     
  • The-Choo-Choo-ShoeThe-Choo-Choo-Shoe Posts: 9Members ✭✭

    @sa2000 said:
    Thanks for the logs and media info. I would like to see logs with verbose logging for a test after analyzing the media file and just do one test.

    The logs provided show the last analyze done at 02:40
    Also you were disabling and re-enabling debug logging

    So please lets do the following

    • enable debug logging and verbose logging on the server.
      (That will allow to see all the parameters for the requests. The log was showing references to the Samsung Tizen profile bit also to Samsung - so i want to be sure the right profile is used)

    • Restart the server

    • Wait 2 minutes
    • Do Media Analyze on E:\Movies\Ace Ventura When Nature Calls (1995) (1080P).mkv through the Plex Web Analyze Media Item interface
    • At the end, re-capture the xml - you can actually do it this way on the server but you need to find the server token first
      (http://127.0.0.1:32400/library/metadata/26351?checkFiles=1&includeBandwidths=1&X-Plex-Token=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)

    • Enable logging on the Samsung App

    • Start to play the video
    • When the error occurs, download the server logs and attach with the media info xml
    • Disable verbose logging once the evidence is captured

    Probably because I had to redo all the logs to upload them again in my last comment, that's why it's enabled/disabled over again, I think I did it 3 times.

    I got the new files anyway.

  • sa2000sa2000 Posts: 29,181Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, Plex Team Member Plex Team Member

    @The-Choo-Choo-Shoe said:

    @sa2000 said:
    Thanks for the logs and media info. I would like to see logs with verbose logging for a test after analyzing the media file and just do one test.

    The logs provided show the last analyze done at 02:40
    Also you were disabling and re-enabling debug logging

    So please lets do the following

    • enable debug logging and verbose logging on the server.
      (That will allow to see all the parameters for the requests. The log was showing references to the Samsung Tizen profile bit also to Samsung - so i want to be sure the right profile is used)

    • Restart the server

    • Wait 2 minutes
    • Do Media Analyze on E:\Movies\Ace Ventura When Nature Calls (1995) (1080P).mkv through the Plex Web Analyze Media Item interface
    • At the end, re-capture the xml - you can actually do it this way on the server but you need to find the server token first
      (http://127.0.0.1:32400/library/metadata/26351?checkFiles=1&includeBandwidths=1&X-Plex-Token=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)

    • Enable logging on the Samsung App

    • Start to play the video
    • When the error occurs, download the server logs and attach with the media info xml
    • Disable verbose logging once the evidence is captured

    Probably because I had to redo all the logs to upload them again in my last comment, that's why it's enabled/disabled over again, I think I did it 3 times.

    I got the new files anyway.

    Thank you. I will discussing this with the development teams and raise an issue with the relevant team. Please keep the sample on the provided google drive link folder

    Help given free on forums.            Fee-Based Personal Support & Help.        

    _______________________________________________________________________________________

    Plex Support Information              Troubleshooting               FAQs

    Plex Media Server:   Reporting Issues        Plex Web App: Debug Log    Plex Apps: Support pages and Logs    Logs: All Logs

    For list of 3rd party programs and malware / adware crashing Plex Media Server and mswsock.dll on windows, see Repeated crashing of Plex Media Server on Windows
     
  • The-Choo-Choo-ShoeThe-Choo-Choo-Shoe Posts: 9Members ✭✭

    Awesome. Yepp, I'll keep it on my drive no problem.

  • The-Choo-Choo-ShoeThe-Choo-Choo-Shoe Posts: 9Members ✭✭

    @sa2000 said:

    @The-Choo-Choo-Shoe said:

    @sa2000 said:
    Thanks for the logs and media info. I would like to see logs with verbose logging for a test after analyzing the media file and just do one test.

    The logs provided show the last analyze done at 02:40
    Also you were disabling and re-enabling debug logging

    So please lets do the following

    • enable debug logging and verbose logging on the server.
      (That will allow to see all the parameters for the requests. The log was showing references to the Samsung Tizen profile bit also to Samsung - so i want to be sure the right profile is used)

    • Restart the server

    • Wait 2 minutes
    • Do Media Analyze on E:\Movies\Ace Ventura When Nature Calls (1995) (1080P).mkv through the Plex Web Analyze Media Item interface
    • At the end, re-capture the xml - you can actually do it this way on the server but you need to find the server token first
      (http://127.0.0.1:32400/library/metadata/26351?checkFiles=1&includeBandwidths=1&X-Plex-Token=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)

    • Enable logging on the Samsung App

    • Start to play the video
    • When the error occurs, download the server logs and attach with the media info xml
    • Disable verbose logging once the evidence is captured

    Probably because I had to redo all the logs to upload them again in my last comment, that's why it's enabled/disabled over again, I think I did it 3 times.

    I got the new files anyway.

    Thank you. I will discussing this with the development teams and raise an issue with the relevant team. Please keep the sample on the provided google drive link folder

    Any update on this?
    I don't know if you still need me to keep the file on my drive or if I can delete it.

  • sa2000sa2000 Posts: 29,181Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, Plex Team Member Plex Team Member

    @The-Choo-Choo-Shoe said:

    @sa2000 said:

    @The-Choo-Choo-Shoe said:

    @sa2000 said:
    Thanks for the logs and media info. I would like to see logs with verbose logging for a test after analyzing the media file and just do one test.

    The logs provided show the last analyze done at 02:40
    Also you were disabling and re-enabling debug logging

    So please lets do the following

    • enable debug logging and verbose logging on the server.
      (That will allow to see all the parameters for the requests. The log was showing references to the Samsung Tizen profile bit also to Samsung - so i want to be sure the right profile is used)

    • Restart the server

    • Wait 2 minutes
    • Do Media Analyze on E:\Movies\Ace Ventura When Nature Calls (1995) (1080P).mkv through the Plex Web Analyze Media Item interface
    • At the end, re-capture the xml - you can actually do it this way on the server but you need to find the server token first
      (http://127.0.0.1:32400/library/metadata/26351?checkFiles=1&includeBandwidths=1&X-Plex-Token=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)

    • Enable logging on the Samsung App

    • Start to play the video
    • When the error occurs, download the server logs and attach with the media info xml
    • Disable verbose logging once the evidence is captured

    Probably because I had to redo all the logs to upload them again in my last comment, that's why it's enabled/disabled over again, I think I did it 3 times.

    I got the new files anyway.

    Thank you. I will discussing this with the development teams and raise an issue with the relevant team. Please keep the sample on the provided google drive link folder

    Any update on this?
    I don't know if you still need me to keep the file on my drive or if I can delete it.

    A Plex Media Server fix has been produced and i think it may get included in release 1.9.6

    Help given free on forums.            Fee-Based Personal Support & Help.        

    _______________________________________________________________________________________

    Plex Support Information              Troubleshooting               FAQs

    Plex Media Server:   Reporting Issues        Plex Web App: Debug Log    Plex Apps: Support pages and Logs    Logs: All Logs

    For list of 3rd party programs and malware / adware crashing Plex Media Server and mswsock.dll on windows, see Repeated crashing of Plex Media Server on Windows
     
Sign In or Register to comment.