Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

How to get an activation refund?

IrrelIrrel Posts: 7Members ✭✭

Hi! Ever since I purchased the activation to be able to watch videos on my tablet the app doesn't connect to my Chromecast. The app on my phone still works fine but the app on my tablet says "Unable to connect" every time I try. I want to get a refund on the activation so my app works again. Any ideas how to do that? Thanks!

Answers

• teshiburuteshiburu Posts: 366Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@Irrel chromecast works fine.

Maybe you would care to share some more information? what server version? what app version?

3.63 Years of non repeating media

• MovieFan.PlexMovieFan.Plex Posts: 15,680Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

For a refund of the activation fee, you will need to contact the Google Play Store.

• IrrelIrrel Posts: 7Members ✭✭

@teshiburu said:
    @Irrel chromecast works fine.

Maybe you would care to share some more information? what server version? what app version?

Sure! Server version 1.8.4.4249, app version 6.4.1.1644. Casting doesn't work on my Galaxy Tab S2 tablet, already deleted and reinstalled the app. Casting works perfectly on my Nexus 6P phone with same app version.

Thanks!

What android OS is the Galaxy Tab S2 running? its android 5.0 isnt it?

have you tried casting from the youtube app? does that work?

@teshiburu said:
    What android OS is the Galaxy Tab S2 running? its android 5.0 isnt it?

have you tried casting from the youtube app? does that work?

It says I'm running Android Version 7. I can cast from youtube, hulu, netflix. It's only Plex that is not working, that's why I'm baffled :/

Very odd indeed, may i suggest installing a previous version of plex and seeing if that fixes it?

That's a good idea. I'll have to figure out how to do that.

• MovieFan.PlexMovieFan.Plex Posts: 15,680Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

If you haven't installed the old version, can you post the log from the current version? There may be information to explain what is going on. https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/201869908-Log-Files

@MovieFan.Plex said:
    If you haven't installed the old version, can you post the log from the current version? There may be information to explain what is going on. https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/201869908-Log-Files

Thank you! Attaching the logs :)

Your logs do have some odd errors related to internet access. Basically the Plex app is unable to access the internet, which is needed when casting to a Chromecast. If the internet is working fine on your tablet, then something odd is going on.

@MovieFan.Plex said:
    Your logs do have some odd errors related to internet access. Basically the Plex app is unable to access the internet, which is needed when casting to a Chromecast. If the internet is working fine on your tablet, then something odd is going on.

Internet is working fine on my tablet so I have no idea how to fix it :/ I'll try to download an older version of the app and see if that works.