If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Need help enabling remote access

THGhost1337THGhost1337 Posts: 5Members ✭✭

I recently tried connecting to Google's DNS (8.8.8.8; 8.8.4.4.) and it disabled my remote access to Plex. It says that my server is signed in to Plex, but is not reachable from "outside my network".

Upon flushing my DNS, my Plex still won't allow remote access. I've signed out of the Plex app on my TV and PC, signed in again, reconnected the TV to my server but it still won't connect.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Answers

• THGhost1337THGhost1337 Posts: 5Members ✭✭

I've asked the Plex subreddit about this and they were no help whatsoever. Bunch of unhelpful idiots.

• nokdimnokdim Posts: 884Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, TunerTester Plex Ninja

Check canyouseeme.org for your port forwarding status.

Believe me, I've tried everything I could find on several forums. Nothing worked.

I've managed to fix it by completely uninstalling Plex from my PC, TV and my phone, and then reinstalling them all. I have no idea what caused it to stop working. :p

• nokdimnokdim Posts: 884Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, TunerTester Plex Ninja

Glad its fixed!

I have never had to take such drastic measures to get it working again.
    Hopefully there is no next time but if there is and if you want to troubleshoot it let me know...

Thanks, I shall. B)