If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Video stops too early and ends playback

Luigi408Luigi408 Posts: 16Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
edited September 11 in iOS

Hello,

I am having an issue with my iOS device (or could be the server). My iOS ends my TV shows I download earlier than normal. At first the video starts and stops like it's buffering, then it just stops. This happens about 5 to 10 minutes before the video actually is about to end. It either goes to the next episode or it ends my video. This has happen only to my iOS device (iPhone 7S Plus), and not my other devices. It's very annoying and prevents me from using my iPhone to watch anything. This has happen already for a while on multiple Plex versions of iOS and my server software.

Comments

• cody.duncumcody.duncum Posts: 84Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Happens to my iOS devices, too. iPad Air, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6S. All on latest iOS (public) release and latest Plex app. I've yet to find a resolve.

• skipdog77skipdog77 Posts: 6Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited September 26

I am having the same issue. Video starts dropping and restarting 2-4 minutes before video end. Eventually it skips to next video. IOS 11 with iPhone 7 Plus and iPad Pro. Running next to latest PMS on QNAP.

• macheimachei Posts: 6Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have the same issue. Only since I upgraded to Apple TV 4K. If you find a solution, please pass it on. It’s driving me nuts.

• GarmacGarmac Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same here with IPad Pro 10.5. No issues if viewing the video using the web player on the same device so it is probably a bug with the app.

• PatrickRhinePatrickRhine Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same issue on my iPad pro (iOS 11, latest Plex App version, and latest PMS server), doesnt happen when it is playing synced content, only when loading from the server. No problem playing through the web app on my laptop while on the same wifi network. Hoping a fix is found soon.

• WatchTowerPlexWatchTowerPlex Posts: 11Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited October 12

I am having the same issue. If you force it to transcode the issue goes away. It seems to be related to direct stream.

Having the issue on the ATV4 TvOS 11 Plex app version 1.17.1.6866 and iPad iOS 11 plex app version 4.18

I wish there was a better way to report bugs other than trying to hunt something down in all the forums...

• dougboyett@aol.comdougboyett@aol.com Posts: 1Members

Same issue here. I have found it only occurs with mkv format, if i convert the video to mp4 on my computer then everything works fine. until there is a fix i guess we have to avoid the mkv files

This particular bug is bad as just about every episode ends randomly with roughly 1:30 left. Usually pretty important part of an episode. Has a Plex engineer been able to validate this issue?

• sannesfamilysannesfamily Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

This is happening to me as well on my Apple TV. Has been happening for the last few weeks. As all my other Plex clients are either the web or Android, I do not have the issue on any of those.

At first I thought it might be a connectivity issue, but it never happens for my .ts files, which actually take more bandwidth to stream. Just mkv files, as an earlier poster noted.

edited October 12

I have server logs and logs off the apple TV. If a plex employee would like to contact me directly I can make them available...

There is definitely something broken...

Oct 12 14:00:53 Plex[219] <Notice>: 2017/10/12 14:00:53.498 (281 MB) (69598) E PMKAVQueuePlayer.m:142 | Current item did finish playing with status FAILED. Error: Error Domain=AVFoundationErrorDomain Code=-11800 "The operation could not be completed" UserInfo={NSLocalizedFailureReason=An unknown error occurred (-12706), NSLocalizedDescription=The operation could not be completed, NSUnderlyingError=0x1c6a4b730 {Error Domain=NSOSStatusErrorDomain Code=-12706 "(null)"}} Error log entries: (null)

• scottygtreescottygtree Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I’m having this same issue, tv shows keep ending early they go into a black screen with a buffering circle then cuts back to start of episode always happens right at end of a show within the last 10 minutes making it unwatchable changing settings etc does nothing to fix the issue.

Could someone from support acknowledge ? Can we provide logs, etc to get this issue fixed?

There is already another thread on this issue... It has been fixed but its not released yet. There is a few builds that are posted in the forum for testing but they are not official and should be used with caution.

I can confirm that this build has resolved the issue.

https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/288029/apple-tv-spinning-circle-buffering-skipping-at-end-of-show/p1