If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Cant Log into son's android account!!!!

tylerabramstylerabrams Posts: 7Members ✭✭

I baught the app for my son's tablet back in july 2014... he hasn't used it for a little while but wanted to use it recently so I had to redownload the app for him and when it asked for a password I thought I knew it but apparently I don't... so I try the reset password option but it wont send an email to his gmail with the instructions to reset it... I still have the original email from gmail that verifies I purchased it for his account... please help.....

Answers

• MovieFan.PlexMovieFan.Plex Posts: 16,044Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

The activation purchase is based on the Google Play account, not the Plex account. Make sure to install the app using the same Google Play account that bought the app in the first place. After installing the app, if it still doesn't recognize the purchase, there should be a "restore previous purchase" button at the bottom where it asks you to activate the app.

If you need help with your son's account, PM me his username and I'll see what I can find out.