If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

CBC plugin: audio not working

LexyLexy Posts: 36Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
edited September 12 in Plex Channel Plugins

Hi folks, I've recently updated my Plex Media Server to version 3.20.5. Since the update, I haven't been able to get audio for any of the streaming videos through the CBC plugin. Previously it had been working fine. I've tried changing the settings for Select Video Quality and Play Smaller Videos at Original Quality as suggested in other threads, but no luck.

Does anyone have suggestions? I've attached my log in case it's helpful. FWIW, I'm using a Firestick to stream Plex.

Thanks for any help!

Answers

• mva1958mva1958 Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I had similar problems with region-restricted plug-ins following the upgrade to 3.20.5. I rolled back to the previous version and the problems vanished.

If your PMS is on a windows machine, C:\Users_your user name_\AppData\Local\Plex Media Server\Updates will take you to all the updates you've downloaded, you can install one after you uninstall your current version.

• shopgirl284shopgirl284 Posts: 2,763Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, Forum Moderator Plex Ninja

The latest version of Plex Media Server is 1.8.4 and the Plex Pass version is 1.9.0, so when you refer to version "3.20.5", I can only assume that you are referring to the version of the Plex player app that you are using to access Plex Media Server.

You should also review the READ FIRST: Guidelines for Posting Channel Plugin Issues/Questions and Things to Check First document pinned to the top of the Channel Plugin Forum.

Especially the section titled "Plex Player App/Plex Media Server Issues."

Many issues and questions can be resolved by reviewing the Plex Support Documentation
    Providing details about your issue, Plex setup, and including log files are important when when asking for help on the forums.
    See Log Files
    Before posting channel plugin questions or issues, please review the pinned threads at the top of the Channel Plugin forum:
    READ FIRST: Guidelines for Posting Channel Plugin Issues/Questions and Things to Check First
    FAQ for Channel Plugin FAQ

• mva1958mva1958 Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

3.20.5 is the latest web client, which was the only change in the latest PMS update. That's what the OP was referring to and I picked up on it. Rolling back to the previous PMS version solved my problem.