Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

How do I bring thumbnails/movie and album art to show again?

Ns1830Ns1830 Posts: 3Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hello All,

So I have plex home server running all of my media. For some reason the movie thumbnails/artwork, album artwork etc has vanished. I found the little square up in the top right hand side on my windows media server, however that didn't restore my thumbnails. Can anyone help me figure out how to get my artwork, thumbnails, etc back please? There should be a photo with an example in here.

Answers

• Ns1830Ns1830 Posts: 3Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

There should be a photo with an example in here.

• OttoKernerOttoKerner Posts: 24,552Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

Did you recently 'expand' the capacity of your system hard drive? (Either by adding a second drive or by merging partitions)
    Plex needs the NTFS file system on the partition where its data folder is stored. But after you did one of the above actions, it gets converted to ReFS (Windows storage spaces).

Help others too - by reporting back with your results!
    Have you checked the Documentation before posting a question in the forums?
    Use the SEARCH function before starting a new thread!
    No PMs unless requested, please! Do not use 'verbose' logging
  • Ns1830Ns1830 Posts: 3Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Right now I have an 8TB external drive running into the PC. Plex is set up to look for media on that drive.

• OttoKernerOttoKerner Posts: 24,552Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja
    edited September 12

Sorry, that is not what I asked.
    Plex stores a whole lot on information in its data folder
    And that one is not where your media is stored, but on the 'system' drive of Windows. (usually C:)

Help others too - by reporting back with your results!
    Have you checked the Documentation before posting a question in the forums?
    Use the SEARCH function before starting a new thread!
    No PMs unless requested, please! Do not use 'verbose' logging