Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex Windows Store App Crashes after being minimized

I use my Plex app to stream ambiance, but if I so much as minimize the app it will close out of its own accord. I can leave it playing for hours so long as it is maximized, has anyone else had this exact issue? I've seen some posts regarding the app crashing after being minimized and then maximized again but nothing like this, is this intentional?

Tagged:

Answers

• lenaxialenaxia Posts: 426Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited September 14

I have also been seeing this for some time now.

I turned on logging and from a fresh launch, attached is what was in the Plex.log. This is without starting a video.

Pastebin link: https://pastebin.com/pMLj8xXp

Media Server: Windows 8.1 Pro under Hyper-V | Intel i7-3770S | 32GB DDR3 | 5x2TB WD Black in RAID5
    Playback Devices: Surface Pro | Nokia Lumia 920 | Acer Iconia W3 | 2x ChromeCast | 2x HTPC
    Plex for Windows 8 Logs | PMS for Windows Logs | Media Naming Guide | Generating Sample Media
  • mike4001mike4001 Posts: 518Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

You will have to live with it.

There are no more updates to the app.

• mshockey89mshockey89 Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Why won't there be any updates to the app? Did they discontinue them in favor of direct play?

• mshockey89mshockey89 Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@lenaxia said:
    I have also been seeing this for some time now.

I turned on logging and from a fresh launch, attached is what was in the Plex.log. This is without starting a video.

Pastebin link: https://pastebin.com/pMLj8xXp

I'm no expert on this but looking at your log it seems it has something to do with Windows policy, see line 20 I think.

background task canceled. Reason: SystemPolicy

I don't know.