If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Help with Error 0x80070643, unable to upgrade.

eblkhearteblkheart Posts: 6Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

For the past two builds plus tonight's release I have been unable to upgrade plex. So I do it manually and I get the dreaded (so it seems) error 0x80070643. I am at my wits end on this. I have spent hours trying to figure out what is causing it and looking at the logs. I've tried some registry edits that others have said it worked for them in other threads but I am getting nothing and I am stuck at build 1.8.1.4139. Attached is my log on the current error. Help?

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• eblkhearteblkheart Posts: 6Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I currently run windows 10 x64 build 1704. I didn't see that link earlier in my searches. I'll investigate. What's weird is that this box is only 3 month old.

• NewPlazaNewPlaza Posts: 818Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I actually don't believe that Plex service articles are among the search results from the forum. So sad..

• eblkhearteblkheart Posts: 6Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited September 13

I ran the MS Fix It program and told it I was having issues uninstalling Plex. It went to work on it and after about 5-7 minutes, it said the task was completed. I went to install the latest version of it and it worked. Thanks for this link, it helped out a lot.