If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Why won't my smart connect to server?

Can anyone please help me? I'm new to plex so not sure if I'm missing something? I recently created a plex account using my smart phone, then downloaded the app for my smart tv then linked them together (so far so good). I bought a 1 month subscription on eBay. Received the invite to the server, accepted it and started playing a movie on my tv via the app (perfect so far). I stopped the movie early because I had to go out. Came back to it later and it wouldn't play (nothing plays), also nothing will play online via my phone anymore. I've downloaded the Android app for my phone and that works fine, went online with my laptop and that works fine. I can see all the content on the tv app and search like the first time I turned it on but nothing will play? Keeps saying can't connect to server? Please can someone help?

This discussion has been closed.