Find out the best way to deploy The Plex service
I'm trying to find the best forums to post my question. I hope i didn't miss something for my first post.
So i'll skip the part where I discovered Plex, got my PlexPass, got some hardware, building a NAS to install FreeNas (big ZFS fan since OpenSolaris) with my very little knowledge. Started with the plex in jail, discover limitations, read tons of threads and finally I found a good workaround with VMs, Ubuntu and Docker.
I spent my last week-end to test several tools that define The Plex for me
- PlexAuth (maybe there is another way with nginx)
When all work together it's gorgeous.
Really this is fantastic. Now i've test-drived the solution I would like to go beyond and setup something which is quite less a test environment and provide security to users by :
- SSLized communication with the part of the server exposed to the Internet. Which package should I use to get nginx + ssl with let's envrypt and auto-renewal. I'm also ready to read some tutorials because my networking knowledge is very limited.
- I'm using NFS share on Ubuntu to mount my dataset to the docker container. Maybe there is something more elegant than editing fstab
- Setup the right VM. I've allocated 8g of ram on 16g and 4 cores on 4 cores. Maybe there is some guidelines and I was pretty random but I didn't have any issue so far.
- Get the correct setup for client to avoid too much transcode
In fact i'm a bit lost because everything is barely running fine but I want to go beyond and deliver something clean. Is there some steps not to miss ?
Edit : currently using linuxserver containers. i never setup :plexpass but it seems to give all the features including the very nice PlexMix feature - i'm so glad to use it. I love it.
Thank you for your advices
Long live Plex