If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex for Kodi is no longer able to access any of my connected Plex servers

amcfarlaamcfarla Posts: 64Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

For some reason today Plex for Kodi addon cannot access any of my Plex servers connected to my account. When I try to connect to any of the servers in the dropdown list I get the message "Server is not accessible. Please sign into your server and check your connection." I tried accessing my servers on the iOS plex app and the webapp and I can connect to my servers on those without an issue. I tried signing out and signing back on at the https://plex.tv/link which it took the logon without a problem, but still shows the servers are not connectable for some reason. I know the Kodi addon worked yesterday but for some reason today it isn't. If you need anything else to help troubleshoot please let me know and I can provide it. Thank you.

Answers

• NwbElectricalNwbElectrical Posts: 33Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

What are you running KODI on?. Raspberry Pi?. LIbreelec? OSMC?. Is it possible there has been an update for your distro which has caused these issues. There have been no substantial updates to the addon for some time now so it is unlikely that this is causing the issue. What version of PMS are you running?. Has this been updated in the last day or so?

• amcfarlaamcfarla Posts: 64Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I am using LibreElec on all my devices. I was able to resolve the issue by removing the plex addon and the files that are in the addon directory and then reinstalled the addon. They all stopped working the same exact day though, so something changed somewhere, but I am back up and working.

• notbennotben Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

i've the same issue and after re-install pluggin clean the folder i can get to the link authentication an then no server detect and plex never go further.

please plex get into the it to fix that issue.

plex on kody is my main acess to my plex on my TV

@notben said:
    i've the same issue and after re-install pluggin clean the folder i can get to the link authentication an then no server detect and plex never go further.

please plex get into the it to fix that issue.

plex on kody is my main acess to my plex on my TV

here is the detail of my version :

kody 17.5
    pluggin plex 1.2
    debian 8.9
    pms Version 1.9.6.4429
    web Version 3.23.1
    i've the plexpass subscribtion

• cloud1cloud1 Posts: 6Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I and some friends have the same issue all of a sudden I think it started yesterday. The official plex app works fine and the web. Lifetime plexpass member. Nvidia Shield TV with regular kodi 17.2 and latest official plex addon.

• hallifallenhallifallen Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same issue here, stopped working yesterday.

• RobbieMcKaneRobbieMcKane Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I've had the same issue too, have cancelled my plex pass as I'm tired of the problems, just using Kodi now with the mobile app.

• cloud1cloud1 Posts: 6Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

oh there's a 0.13 update that fixes it

@cloud1 said:

What is 0.13 ? Plex pluggin for kody ?
    I've 1.2 is that not 1.3 instead ? Or do you mean another plateform ?

@notben said:

@cloud1 said:

Found it on github :smile:

https://github.com/plexinc/plex-for-kodi/issues/136

I'll update it toonight.

Hope that works

@notben said:

@cloud1 said:

Works with the updated version for me too.
    I think that topic can be closed

• RobbieMcKaneRobbieMcKane Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

For the record, my server still won't connect even with this update.