If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

How to disable AC3 passtrough

rama_plexrama_plex Posts: 3Members Plex Pass

Due to the fact that my tv is having a small delay in rendering AC2 audio it makes movies absolutely funny.
I just want to disable AC3 passtroug and play movies with AAC or MP3 , 2 channles stereo.

I tried everyting changing plex config files on plex media server does not make any differnece.

I later found out that on chromecast changing config files makes no difference , and trust me I am playing with the correct files.

Noting I could do about it . Any ideeas ? Latest version plexmediaplayer and chormecast 2

Thank you.

Answers

• Jose00Jose00 Posts: 38Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

What are you using to cast? I use Plex for android and I know there is a setting there to disable AC3 passthrough. There is also a setting in Plex Server I believe. I don't believe there are any config files for Plex per say (there are profile files but there is nothing in there for AC3 passthrough).

• zatch11zatch11 Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

This is also driving me crazy. I am trying to change the Chromecast profile to stop any AC3 playback, but no changes seem to matter, AC3 is always used when transcoding and I can't get it to transcode any files from AC3. I don't want my Chromecast to play AC3 because I do not want passthrough as the way my setup is currently, my Chromecast controls my volume.

• rickard.andersson@gmail.comrickard.andersson@gmail.com Posts: 12Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'd be very interested in this capability as well. I don't have issues with audio sync, but on my setup, the passthrough volume of AC3 is ridiculously low. I have to crank my receiver up really high in order to watch anything with AC3 audio. I have a Sony surround receiver, but it's running in stereo.