If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

ATV - have to be logged in to MyPlex?

Hi,

I did a reinstall of my pms and plexconnect. I got the usual error with no visible libraries and the cmd prompt gave me the "unauthorized" line repeatadly.

I tried to add my atv ip in my pms settings but that didn't help - still no libraries...

I finally got my libraries visible by loggin in to myplex in the atv.

Does this in anyway disable the directplay/transcoding features? Like, am I on a remote setup now?

Answers

• moody_bluemoody_blue Posts: 2,900Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

Recent PMS versions require one of the following:
    1. Plex clients are logged into plex.tv
    2. The IP of the Plex client is specified in List of IP addresses and networks that are allowed without auth

QNAP TS-253A 4G QTS 4.3.4.0411 (beta3) + PMS 1.10.1.4561 (beta) + QPython2 2.7.12.0 + PlexConnect 0.5-dev-161017

TV Sony KDL-32V2500 (720p) + aTV3 Rev. A firmware 7.2.2 + Denon AVR-1604 A/V Receiver 5.1 + Harmony Touch

Portables 1x iPad4, 2x Android phone, 1x Android tablet, 2x PMP on Win10

No support via PM unless requested by me