If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Mac mini Audio Configuration Help

yoghovyoghov Posts: 127Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
edited September 17 in OpenPHT

Hey guys, can anyone help to properly configure audio out on Mac mini?

This is my setup: Mac mini running both PMS and OpenPHT connected to Maranz SR5008 AVR via HDMI, then to Panasonic 65" ZT60. Everything looks fine when Passthrough is enabled (besides the audio lag), but I'm not sure the OpenPHT audio settings are correct. Someone please provide a detailed configuration instructions on how each option must be set to get the best and most optimal output.

Here is another thing: The real struggle I'm having with is with my wireless headphones. The only way I was able to receive a perfect sound is connecting my Sennheiser headphones to Mac mini optical out then I simply switch the audio out within OpenPHT and start using the headphones instead. It only works if the Passthrough is disabled, of course, but the sound cuts off badly and it keeps dropping off throughout the entire movie, every 5, 10, 15 seconds and so on. I tried many variations of the audio settings, but nothing solved it. What should I do to get smooth audio playback via optical output?