Special Announcement: QNAP CodexPack 4.5.0 Issues with PMS
This announcement is due to a major bug introduced by QNAP's CodexPack vers 4.5.0 and how it disrupts normal PMS operation.
For those who are using the Multimedia library, introduction of CodexPack 4.5.0 breaks all access to your media in PMS.
Your normal media access, which was defined through Multimedia is disrupted by the CodexPack incorrectly and inappropriately injects itself into that path internal to the Multimedia share mechanism.
Your previous path to 'Movies', which previously was in
/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/Multimedia gets altered.
After installation of 4.5.0, your path now looks like
/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/CodexPack/mnt/share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/Multimedia which does not work because PMS does not know of that path.
It is understood CodexPack is required to use HD_Station and other QNAP apps.
To remove your PMS installation from this problem and prevent any future involvement with it, it is strongly suggested to access the shares directly.
- Previously shares
comedyas part of
- PMS was accessing them through
Libraries -> Edit, for each Library section, add each share directly into the list of folders for PMS:
- Do NOT remove the 'Multimedia` entrie(s) at this time
- Allow PMS to scan your media and find it again. This happens automatically after Editing a Library section
- PMS will show a duplicate (
2) for each item as it finds it again. This is expected and desired.
- After scanning is complete, verify all media has been found. Resolve any missing items
- Return to
Libraries -> Editfor each section and remove (
Multimediabased folder definitions
- As PMS scans the section one final time, observe the
- The watched status and metadata will be intact for any items not previously lost by the installation of CodexPack 4.5.0
The TL;DR is
/share/ShareName (from the left pane) or
/share/PoolName/ShareName (using two-step left/right panes) in Plex. Let Multimedia and CodexPack do what it wants to. Keep PMS free and clear of it.
If QNAP tech supports attempts to assert PMS is corrupt, refute, do not accept, the answer. it is 100% CodexPack failure, not PMS.
Please DISABLE Verbose logging until requested
Please search before posting
Primary support: Linux, Synology, and QNAP
Please remember to report back. This benefits others.
Hosts: Fedora, QNAP, Synology, most Linux distros in VM
No technical support via PM unless offered
Please remember to mark the appropriate answer(s) which solved your issue.