If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

stream from iPad to ps4

magavosmagavos Posts: 2Members

Can someone please tell me how to stream music from my iPad to my ps4? Currently the Plex App on the PS4has it searching for music from my PC, but would prefer it to read from my iPad instead

Many thanks

Best Answer

• nokdimnokdim Posts: 678Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, TunerTester Plex Ninja
    Accepted Answer

The cast function in plex just lets you send content that is available on your PC where your media server is running.
    If you want to play music that is on your iPad it would need to be added to your PC so plex can see it in its library and you will be able to play that content on your PS4 that way but you cant send content from your iPad directly.

If you get the plex pass you can sync content to your iPad and stream/play it that way but it would still need to be in your plex library first in order to sent to your iPad.

Hope that makes sense.

Answers

• nokdimnokdim Posts: 678Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, TunerTester Plex Ninja
    Accepted Answer

The cast function in plex just lets you send content that is available on your PC where your media server is running.
    If you want to play music that is on your iPad it would need to be added to your PC so plex can see it in its library and you will be able to play that content on your PS4 that way but you cant send content from your iPad directly.

If you get the plex pass you can sync content to your iPad and stream/play it that way but it would still need to be in your plex library first in order to sent to your iPad.

Hope that makes sense.

• magavosmagavos Posts: 2Members

Thank you for that info. . Im not going crazy after all. I was wondering why my Ipad wasnt being recognised. Not a great problem, I'll stream from the PC instead

Thanks for the help, greatly appreciated