If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Can change Chromecast volume with Android?

danmudanmu Posts: 3Members

Using my android, I'm streaming to my tv via my home server and Chromecast. Until recently, most of the time, I've been able to raise and lower the volume via my android. As of recent, this simply doesn't work. When I raise or lower the volume, the volume level bar goes up and down, but it has no effect on the actual volume (until you hit zero, then it just goes to silence).

Considering movies and tv shows love to move from whispers to atomic explosions, controlling the volume from the android is kinda handy --- but I can't get it to work now.

Please, any suggestions? Thanks!

Answers

• danmudanmu Posts: 3Members

soooo, no? :)

• helplesscarminhelplesscarmin Posts: 1Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Seriously is nobody gonna answer this? I'm having the same issue and it's annoying as hell.

• danmudanmu Posts: 3Members

Well it's good to know, at least, that it's not just my problem....I'm surprised the question as been ignored by Plex.

• mdebenhammdebenham Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited September 30

I was having this problem too, then I found out that simply put Plex + Chromecast + AAC 5.1 do not mix. I followed some advice I found somewhere and started encoding my audio with 2 tracks, a stereo AAC track and an AC3 surround track, works like a charm, everything direct plays to the Chromecast without fail including allowing full volume control. Turns out the advice holds up for most devices as the combination of h264 video and the 2 audio tracks as described above is the most friendly format for all my devices.