If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Unable to change audio track on Samsung KS-8000 from Synology 216j Plex server with MKV format

Hi,

I tried the Plex Server on my Synology 216j and on my Samsung TV KS-8000 Plex App. I see a dropdown on all of my movies and tv shows in the plex app. But it does not do anything. I can only use "direct play" and "direct connection" because my Synology NAS 216j is to weak for transcoding.

The audio tracks are selectable and all MKVs play fine through OSMC (KODI) and a direct connection my NAS. I tried 15 movies and tv shows and I can't select any audio track.

Is this a bug in the plex app of my TV or is the selection of audio tracks only a feature if plex is not using direct play?

Answers