If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Update bug possibly?

SmoothRunningsSmoothRunnings Posts: 20Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I log into my plex server using my admin account on my phone and when the latest release came out it was prompting me for update on my phone but I usually wait until I am home, so I hit update later. When i got home its still at the old version but the check for updates is grayed out and I don't have an update now option. Is there a work around to fix this?

Ideally it be be nice to have an update option that only lets you update your server locally not remotely.

Thanks,

Answers

• myke.omcmyke.omc Posts: 7Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same story here.
    I confirm that I have pressed the "skip this version" when update was prompted, but now I have changed my mid.
    This is happening on all web clients and PMP:

If I press the "What's new", I get the log for version 1.9.4.4325.

Someone please tell me if this is a bug or a feature :smile: .

• Bartlomiej BaraniecBartlomiej Baraniec Posts: 1,948Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I want to know it too.

• Bartlomiej BaraniecBartlomiej Baraniec Posts: 1,948Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Some explanation how this works please @BigWheel @OttoKerner

• hshahhshah Posts: 19Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have this issue as well :(

Oh cmon people, so hard to get answer from you.

• inopinatusinopinatus Posts: 12Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have this issue, and upon interrogating my household it seems someone pressed "Skip" when it appeared on the Apple TV client.

YES ON THE FA&$(!)(*@! CLIENT.

And as a result the server will permanently skip this update.

The idea that a client can affect how and when a server gets its patches is mind-boggling. That's one train of thought that forgot to stop at the station and just kept on going right into the weeds.

The next question is, how to reset the skip condition without something stupid like a complete reinstallation?

• mcboss86mcboss86 Posts: 142Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Just download the current (newer) version, stop the server, run the installation manually from the file you downloaded, restart your pc (for good measure) and run plex. You now should be on the newer version.

This was the update routine for many years so I don't see why it should be different now. The "update button" basically does the same but hides all the gui parts.

@mcboss86 clearly you are missing point here. That's not an argument it has been a routine for many years. Restart PC for good measure? For years IT is going in direction reducing and maybe eventually eliminating the need of restarts...
    Updater has been implemented for reason, there is even auto update function because people are lazy and we are always in a search of easier solution. Be hardcore, do it manually, restart PC, restart whatever you want.
    We want to know, if it's a feature or a bug and how to fix grayed out button.

• mcboss86mcboss86 Posts: 142Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

In this case I definitely missed the point. I was specifically referring to the last line of @inopinatus comment and thought he needed a way to update his PMS although he had clicked on the skip-button. I completely agree with your reasoning and it would be a nice implementation to have a "remind me later" button or another way in the settings to initiate the update anyway. As for an automatic popping up again I strongly disagree because sometimes, I willingly decide to stay on a older release version of a software for specific reasons (taking into account possibly disadvantages) and the thing that annoys me most, is a constant and repeating reminder of a possible update.

Still no answer, going up: @elan @BigWheel @OttoKerner

• OttoKernerOttoKerner Posts: 26,240Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

Simply update manually this once.

Help others too - by reporting back with your results!
    Have you checked the Documentation before posting a question in the forums?
    Use the SEARCH function before starting a new thread!
    No PMs unless requested, please! Do not use 'verbose' logging

Oh my days, I did updated it manually. It's like no one bothers to read the question let alone understand it.