If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Container won't start

JzooorJzooor Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I am trying to get the plexinc/pms-docker:plexpass image up and running on my system.

I had it running this afternoon; and have been beating my head against the wall trying to get remote access functional with networking in bind mode (but that's a separate issue). I just restarted the container to add another bind for some more media and now the container will not start. It was working just minutes ago...

The logs are just scrolling this:

Starting Plex Media Server.
/bin/sh: 1: /usr/lib/plexmediaserver/Plex Media Server: not found
Starting Plex Media Server.
/bin/sh: 1: /usr/lib/plexmediaserver/Plex Media Server: not found

Best Answer

• JzooorJzooor Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Accepted Answer

I left it trying to run last night and I shelled into the container this morning and found there was no Plex* folder in /usr/lib.

I restarted the container after , it looks like it updated the binary like it was supposed to yesterday and is running again... I swear I must have restarted that thing two dozen times last night trying different things to get the damn thing working.

Also, remote access is now working with the same settings that were failing me yesterday. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Guess I'm good now (for now).

Answers

• nokdimnokdim Posts: 672Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, TunerTester Plex Ninja

Have you seen this in the readme?

Useful information

Start the container: docker start plex

Stop the conrainer: docker stop plex

Shell access to the container while it is running: docker exec -it plex /bin/bash

See the logs given by the startup script in real time: docker logs -f plex

Restart the application and upgrade to the latest version: docker restart plex

If you can exec -it plex /bin/bash it will take you into the Plex docker shell so you can troubleshoot locally on why it can't find /use/lib/Plex...

Also you can use the Linux Server.io Plex docker instead to see.

• JzooorJzooor Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    Accepted Answer

I left it trying to run last night and I shelled into the container this morning and found there was no Plex* folder in /usr/lib.

I restarted the container after , it looks like it updated the binary like it was supposed to yesterday and is running again... I swear I must have restarted that thing two dozen times last night trying different things to get the damn thing working.

Also, remote access is now working with the same settings that were failing me yesterday. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

Guess I'm good now (for now).