If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

server randomly disconnects when signed into myplex on samsung tv

it will say that the server is offline or unreachable when i hit retry a few times it comes back. looking at the logs around the time it happens i can see;

23:38:11.550 [10084] ERROR - Error parsing allowedNetworks ' IP ADDRESS OF TV': An invalid argument was supplied. what does this mean?

my server is connected to the router via tp link powerline adapter and the tv is connected over wifi, i have also tried connecting the tv over powerline and i get the same thing. it could be fine for a day or two then it will just start disconnecting.

Best Answers

Answers

• Jammyboy10Jammyboy10 Posts: 14Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

i think i found out that the error was because i left a space in the ip address under the section list of ip addresses without authorization. i thought putting the ip address in that section would help the disconnections but it hasn't

• Jammyboy10Jammyboy10 Posts: 14Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited September 20

I have fixed both the address of the server and the TV in the dhcp of my router and I have secure connections set to preferred already. It still seems to have random disconnects