If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

NEW PLEX UI ON OLD TV'S?

SupreXSupreX Posts: 112Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I might asked this before without any answer...

Please tell me if the new/upcoming user interface will be released for my Samsung UE55JS9005 4K TV from 2015.

https://www.plex.tv/blog/new-hope-for-meda-browsing

I really hope so... But I'm afraid it might not happen?

I LOVE HIFI and ICT.

Answers

• OrcaOrca Plex for Samsung Developer Posts: 7,382Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

The official app is only available on model 2016 (K) and up because they run the Tizen operating system.

Have you checked if your answer might be in the User Manual?
    My Samsung environment:

2010 BD-C5500 Blu-Ray,
    2011 UE46D7000 LED-TV,

2012 BD-ES6000 Blu-Ray,

2014 UE55HU8500L UHD LED TV

If you enjoy this free app, you can buy me a beer by making a Donation

• SupreXSupreX Posts: 112Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited September 19

@Orca said:
    The official app is only available on model 2016 (K) and up because they run the Tizen operating system.

My TV should be running Tizen I THINK.

https://www.tizenexperts.com/2016/01/samsung-2015-smart-tv-update-no-evolution-kit-changed-needed/

I found and installed the Plex app normally from the official Samsung app market.

So, it's still not possible to get the latest UI?

I LOVE HIFI and ICT.
  • Plex.GoosmanPlex.Goosman Posts: 15Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

you can have my FireTV update for your TV> You won't want it... but you are welcome to it.

• SkarSkar Posts: 219Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I don't like the new interface.

Graphically it is nice, but functionally it is a bit of a chore to get to what I want.

1 HPTC (WMC & MyMovies)
    1 Samsung UE22ES5400 (Plex Client), 1 Samsung UE40F7000 (Plex Client), 1 Samsung UE43KS7500
    Plexserver running on Synology DS918+, DS2413+ and DS411+.

• ENiGMAENiGMA Posts: 11Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited October 30

You'll regret it instantly once you get it.
    @Orca's old PHT based client is one of the best plex clients available now.
    I didn't know that either until I moved to android TV ones.

in my opinion, the best client you can dream of will be a openPHT running on a shieldTV but sadly it won't happen.

I'll probably move to openPHT anytime soon once it's available for decent netflix+4K uhd support (yeah, it won't happen either but it seems this could be easier than plex android to be usable)