If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

AirPlay from Plex on iOS 11 Broken

2»

Answers

• sergiou87sergiou87 Plex for iOS Developer SpainPosts: 523Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee
    edited October 9

I've reached some of you via DM in case you're interested and missed my previous comment. We'd love some user suffering this issue to test it before we release it.

Thanks!

• OpachoOpacho Posts: 2Members

Have the same issue, please let us know when the fix is released! Thank you!

• sergiou87sergiou87 Plex for iOS Developer SpainPosts: 523Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

The users I reached via DM confirmed that the latest fix works :) It'll be out in the next release, but no idea when it will come out because it's still pending review by Apple.

• OpachoOpacho Posts: 2Members

Okey that's fine :blush: Hope it is soon, thanks for replying and your help :blush:

• BainMacBainMac Posts: 5Members ✭✭

Works now :).

• TwistedDemonTwistedDemon Posts: 7Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited October 13

It’s certainly not fixed but my workaround which I have confirmed with many many movies is to force transcode low enough to transcode audio. I have the latest plex pass updates and iOS and appletv 3 updates. Which unfortunately I shouldn’t have done the atv3 one is what killed it.

• TwistedDemonTwistedDemon Posts: 7Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@TwistedDemon said:
    It’s certainly not fixed but my workaround which I have confirmed with many many movies is to force transcode low enough to transcode audio. I have the latest plex pass updates and iOS and appletv 3 updates. Which unfortunately I shouldn’t have done the atv3 one is what killed it.

Now I feel like a numpty. Didn’t realise you made a fix before commenting. Dammit!!!!

• hrldolientehrldoliente Posts: 5Members ✭✭

Highly doubt it is fixed. Right now, I can't get anything to stream from iOS 11.0.3. Still getting the orange circle of death.

Highly doubt it is fixed. Right now, I can't get anything to stream from iOS 11.0.3. Still getting the orange circle of death.

• littlericketlittlericket Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Yup, confirming @hrldoliente. Still not loading here. Except I put it into „auto“. But it keeps streaming at SD and won‘t switch to anything higher than that.

iOS 11.0.3, App build 11577. PMS on 1.9.5.4339-46276db8d.

It strangly worked for me for a while, but suddenly today it stopped on a certain video.

@BainMac, yes I got the same thing. It worked on Thursday night for me only to fail again on Friday.

• littlericketlittlericket Posts: 3Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited October 16

You can use the rpm from elan here:
    https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/comment/1537338/#Comment_1537338
    Works with that version.

Remember to delete the existing profile (if you copied one to Library/xxx/Profiles/iOS.xml)

I got it to work on the videos that wouldn't start. Had to change the playback quality settings on these videos from original to convert and they would play correctly.

• coverbycoverby Posts: 3Members ✭✭

I can confirm that PMS 1.9.6.4337-3660612fb on Mac works with AirPlay to ATV3 from my iPad running 11.0.2. Like @BainMac, I had to change playback quality to convert automatically.

For what it’s worth, this does not work on my iPhone that is still running iOS 10.3.3.

Hello guys!

We had some issues with Apple when they reviewed the latest release (that's why it got delayed 1 week), so we finally released the build without the AirPlay fix and immediately after submitted another one with it.

This hotfix release will be out as soon as Apple approves it, which we hope will happen soon.

Sorry for the inconvenience :( Meanwhile changing the video quality should do the trick for, at least, most videos.

• walk0080walk0080 Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass

Using offline sync content on an IOS11.0.3 iPad Pro 10.5 and AppleTV3 with AirPlay - getting a playback error on screen: "An error occurred loading this content."
    Is this the error everyone else receives with this bug?

2»