If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

No Update Available Notification on Recent Versions

nebheadnebhead Posts: 86Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

So, I'm not sure if this is a Docker issue or not, but I've not gotten notification (via the orange highlight bar) or even when checking for an update in the server settings for the last couple of versions from v1.8.x to v1.9.0 to v1.9.1. I'm not sure if others are seeing this issue or even if it is related to the docker version.

Answers

• nokdimnokdim Posts: 909Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, TunerTester Plex Ninja

Strange I am using the LS.io docker and same thing I am on 1.9.0 and didn't even know 1.9.1 was available...
    I know I saw in the past it would tell me there was an update available...

• raphaeldavidraphaeldavid Posts: 58Members ✭✭

Updates are long to be transferred as Docker.
    It's the same for the Limetech or Linuxserver Dockers

I don't know which Dockers is the fastest for updates ?

• nebheadnebhead Posts: 86Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@raphaeldavid - Hmm... that hasn't been my experience. The Docker version isn't really any different than the normal install, and should just be polling the same update server. It's really odd that there would be a difference.

The docker just pulls updates down when you restart the container.