If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Unable to get the latest Plex Pass version on my Nvidia Shield TV Pro

Adam​ M.Adam​ M. Posts: 9Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have an Nvidia Shield Pro and Plex Pass,
I selected to get the Plex Pass update on my play store but Im still seeing that it’s on version 1.8.2.4209 and I just saw u made version 1.9.1 available to Plex Pass users

Please Help,
Adam

Answers

• MovieFan.PlexMovieFan.Plex Posts: 15,865Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

To get the Plex Pass version on the NVidia Shield, you need to join the Plex for Android Beta program.

Visit https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.plexapp.mediaserver.smb from a Web Browser with the Play Store account you are using on the Shield and become a tester. After you get accepted, you will have access to the Plex Pass version.

• Adam​ M.Adam​ M. Posts: 9Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    via Email
    I already did and it says I’m a tester. But still only have the 1.8.2 version not 1.9.1

Sent: Wednesday, September 20, 2017 2:06:26 AM
    To: Adam​ M.
    Subject: Re: [Plex Forums] Unable to get the latest Plex Pass version on my Nvidia Shield TV Pro

Plex Forums https://forums.plex.tv/
    MovieFan.Plex answered your question: Unable to get the latest Plex Pass version on my Nvidia Shield TV Pro

To get the Plex Pass version on the NVidia Shield, you need to join the Plex for Android Beta program.

Visit https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.plexapp.mediaserver.smb from a Web Browser with the Play Store account you are using on the Shield and become a tester. After you get accepted, you will have access to the Plex Pass version.
  • MovieFan.PlexMovieFan.Plex Posts: 15,865Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

Ah sorry. Looks like the Plex Pass version hasn't been updated on the Google Play store. Sometimes it takes a few days to show up. You should have 1.9.0 at least, that's what I see. Try checking from the Shield itself.

via Email
    I did, I’m under Settings > App > Plex Media Server

And that where I get the version number I don’t see the server version anywhere else

Sent: Wednesday, September 20, 2017 2:32:36 AM
    To: Adam​ M.
    Subject: Re: [Plex Forums] Unable to get the latest Plex Pass version on my Nvidia Shield TV Pro

Plex Forums https://forums.plex.tv/
    MovieFan.Plex answered your question: Unable to get the latest Plex Pass version on my Nvidia Shield TV Pro

Ah sorry. Looks like the Plex Pass version hasn't been updated on the Google Play store. Sometimes it takes a few days to show up. You should have 1.9.0 at least, that's what I see. Try checking from the Shield itself.
  • rouqrouq Posts: 284Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'm in the beta program also and my Shield is still on 1.8.2

• bdhx2bdhx2 Posts: 17Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same here. No updates since 1.8.2

• JohnnieWalkerPlexServerJohnnieWalkerPlexServer Posts: 13Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi everyone, I'm new to Nvidia Shield TV and Plex and I don't understand this Plex Pass version thing.

Are there in 3 versions of PMS for Nvidia Shield TV, one general release, one for Plex Pass members and one for the Beta testers?

Looking at the Play Store my Nvidia Shield has version 1.8.1.4139, is this normal for a Plex Pass member ( who isn't in the beta program ) ?

Thanks.

• JohnnieWalkerPlexServerJohnnieWalkerPlexServer Posts: 13Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Ah, a bit of googling later and I discovered the help page here: https://support.plex.tv/hc/en-us/articles/201844613-Early-Access-Preview-Releases

So I followed the instructions in the Nvidia Shield section and clicked the blue button saying "become a tester" but I'm still only being offered version 1.8.1.4139

• rouqrouq Posts: 284Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@JohnnieWalkerPlexServer

There is only 2 versions. The official version and the beta tester program version. There is no plex pass version for the nvidia shield.

Did you look at the Google play app directly on your shield? The update should appear there.

• SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 21Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited September 20

I’m also in the preview program and the latest version is nowhere to be seen.... still on 1.8.2.4209 ... it usually updates from the google store on my Shield.

• SimonB79SimonB79 Posts: 21Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I uninstalled the plex updates from my Shield then updated again and the latest version is now present... just a shame I’ve now gotta re-add everything

1.9.1 was just released to the public so it should be available to everyone.

edited September 22 via Email
    That’s pretty cool it worked but I can’t afford to lose everything and re-add, I have over 6GB of stuff

An update was available this morning so my PMS is now version 1.9.1.4272 via the Google Play store on my shield.

I'm hoping that this improves stability and reliability, as in general after a wobbly start using my Nvidia shield pro as a Tivo replacement is now looking like a possibility.

• bdhx2bdhx2 Posts: 17Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I received the 1.9.1 update on my shield, however I do not notice any improvements. The only real issue I have is the constant weak signal message and live TV freezing. This does not happen when using the Live Channels app, just when using Plex. So until this gets fixed I guess it will not be my TIVO replacement yet.

@bdh334@gmail.com said:
    I received the 1.9.1 update on my shield, however I do not notice any improvements. The only real issue I have is the constant weak signal message and live TV freezing. This does not happen when using the Live Channels app, just when using Plex. So until this gets fixed I guess it will not be my TIVO replacement yet.

Are you testing with the same channels when using Live Channels. We can't affect the signal strength. It's possible Live Channels is doing some error correction when there is a weak signal. I have no idea how that app works. Please post a new thread with some more details of your issue.

edited September 22 via Email
    I swear to god I’m shocked at the lack of support from Plex. They promoted the Nvidia Shield TV as the go to device for the best Plex machine for a server and player. And we also have the Plex Pass

@Adam​ M. said:
    I swear to god I’m shocked

shocked at?

@MovieFan.Plex said:

@Adam​ M. said:
    I swear to god I’m shocked

shocked at?

I edited my initial post, I replied from my email so I guess it didn’t send the full reply

@Adam​ M. said:
    I swear to god I’m shocked at the lack of support from Plex. They promoted the Nvidia Shield TV as the go to device for the best Plex machine for a server and player. And we also have the Plex Pass

Are you still not seeing 1.9.1 in the Play Store? Could it be your shield? Have you tried just restarting it?