If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Web app broken for Microsoft Edge

brendenprimebrendenprime Posts: 1Members

Cant login to the 0.0.0.0:32400 site (no that's not the real IP). I try to login with e-mail and it kicks me out to try to login again and again.

This is the screen I cant get past.

I click sign in, it redirects me to where the index should be for my plex server. Then the server redirects me back to the sign in page again. It works on chrome, but just wanted to put it out there that edge broke. And was working before.

Tagged:

Answers

• turb3kturb3k Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I also have this exact same problem, however I have found that if you use firebox or chrome or ios you can access it, also plex media play can access it. its Microsoft edge that wont allow access, just keeps looping back to this same screen everytime you attempt to login

• duncanbeeversduncanbeevers Posts: 45Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

An update to the auth app was just deployed with fixes for ie11. Can you verify whether these changes fix sign-in for you?

• turb3kturb3k Posts: 5Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hello, do I need to download anything or reboot anything? if not I still can't login via edge but can via chrome and firefox

• evostuevostu Posts: 2Members

Same issue here this morning. Borked with Edge. Cannot sign in just keeps looping.
    Works fine on all other browsers.

• irozakosirozakos Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Problem still exists with Edge.
    As soon as I login to my account I am facing a login loop.
    With Chrome and Firefox it works fine.

• vipersnipervipersniper Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same problem here.. :(

• griettigrietti Posts: 11Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same problem for me - version of Microsoft Edge 38.14393.0.0

• to.gu.deto.gu.de Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same problem here:

client with Windows 10
    -> Edge 40.15063.0.0 loops endless
    -> FF 52.3.0 (32-bit) works fine

server with DSM 6.1.3-15152 Update 5
    -> Plex 1.9.2.4285-9f65b88ae

• sunder56sunder56 Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

same here. IE and Chrome work fine, but I've become accustomed to using Edge. Would be a shame to lose Edge to admin my server.

• m3xizm3xiz Posts: 21Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

same here. IE ok. Firefox: ok. Safari OK: Edge: Not ok!!!

• griettigrietti Posts: 11Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I upgraded Edge to 40.15063.0.0
    and it still does not work.
    No answer from Plex people???

• tteitzeltteitzel Posts: 8Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited October 6

Can confirm same issue. Can work around the problem by using the IP address of the server rather then the host name.
    Can anyone else verify if this resolves the issue for them?

http://IPADDRESS:32400/web/index.html
    vs
    http://HOSTNAME:32400/web/index.html

edited October 6

Hopefully this gets it working for others.

• IT-TechIT-Tech Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Surly there is a better fix than that... Come on PLEX please fix your logon app...

But thank you tteitzel for the tip. :smiley:

• m3xizm3xiz Posts: 21Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

New version of the server: 1.9.5 but not better...Is this a joke? Why are we paying a plex pass? and btw using the IP address or the hostname does not change anything. I am forced to use another browser. Shame!

• imarkbimarkb Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same problem here... stuck in a logjn loop

• IT-TechIT-Tech Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@duncanbeevers said:
    An update to the auth app was just deployed with fixes for ie11. Can you verify whether these changes fix sign-in for you?

Duncanbeevers I can verify that the changes have not fixed the sign-in problem for us. Look into correcting the problem again, please.

Can confirm still having the same issue after latest server update

• pipmauspipmaus Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

also Broken in Edge and IE for me. It does work by changing server name to IP Address in URL. I'm running Version 1.9.5.4339

• rdnoyesrdnoyes Posts: 1Members

Still not working for me either. Just loops back to the sign in. Are the plex developers working on this? 30 days and no progress seems a bit much.