If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Volume too low on iPhone playback

dazzla76dazzla76 Posts: 7Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
edited September 21 in iOS

Hi all,

This is a problem that has been bugging me for months now, i just haven't gotten round to raising here.

When playing videos on my iPad (through the app) i don't see any issues but playing the same video on my iPhone (also in app) results in volume that is too low for some environments. If i am streaming i can boost the volume and it will then be good enough but if i sync videos the boost option doesn't do anything.

Because of the change is behavior between stream and sync i'm thinking its a codec/conversion difference but i can't see much in the sync settings other than quality which is fairly non descriptive as far as audio goes.

Am i just doing something stupid or missing an obvious setting that would fix this?

Thanks for any help in advance

Dazzla

Answers

• rolette@gmail.comrolette@gmail.com Posts: 12Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I ran into the same issue a couple of days ago. I synced a few movies to my iPhone so I could watch them on my flight back from Amsterdam. I had to give it up because the volume was too low to hear over the normal ambient noise of the plane.

Had volume on phone turned all the way up. The sound boost option had no effect.

In my case, this is on the latest version of the Plex iOS app (Sep 21, 2017, v4.18), iPhone 7. Plex server that I sync'd from is running PMS 1.8.1.4139 on Windows 10.

Jay

• robaleesrobalees Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same issues here! Have not tested with my iPad yet, but I can confirm that it is painfully quiet on iPhone. I am unable to watch anything on the subway with my AirPods.