If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Can I still record live sports without OTA signals using just Fire Stick.

I can't get OTA signals because of where live. I have Firestick where I do receive live sports. Will the Plex Pass still allow me to record Live Sports? I can get Fire TV and a Homerun DVR if it will allow me to record. I have Kodi and Terrarium. Thanks.

Comments

• chelseaflyboychelseaflyboy Posts: 84Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

No. To record Plex requires a Plex Media Server running on a computer or NAS, a signal (OTA or Cable) and a tuner. You cannot record a streaming channel. Some of the streaming TV services such as Sling TV and Direct TV Now offer a DVR option that might be better suited to your needs.

• rsavarsava Posts: 2,759Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

No, you need a supported tuner (such as HDHomerun tuners) with either an OTA signal (via antenna) or a cable signal (HDHR Prime) that Plex will use to record.

If you have HDHomerun DVR already why do you need to record with Plex. DVR means Digital Video Recorder.

R Sava