If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

IOS 11 + FLAC

goat999goat999 Posts: 5Members ✭✭

As IOS11 can now play FLAC natively how long before Plex supports this and stops transcoding?

Best Answer

Answers

• goat999goat999 Posts: 5Members ✭✭
    edited October 1

does anything ever get **** answered on this forum?

• shanecoleshanecole Posts: 18Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

It’s in the same boat as native H.265, future release.

• sergiou87sergiou87 Plex for iOS Developer SpainPosts: 528Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

Syncing FLAC without transcoding will take more time, but will get to the app (or the server, since it's a server change) at some point.

• goat999goat999 Posts: 5Members ✭✭

Thanks for your answers guys

• Millstone50Millstone50 Posts: 12Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

It's included in today's update, seems to work well. Tried with 16, 24 bit files.

I'm not sure about the hardware but I don't think it supports more than 24/48 anyway. And Airplay supports only 16/48 max iirc.

• grahamtaustingrahamtaustin Posts: 11Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

If I play a FLAC file on iOS and Airplay it out to an Airport Express I will get max 16/44.1 correct? it would be nice if Plex on iOS had a way to see the bitrate of the flac file you were playing. It would also be nice if it had an icon for airplay in the interface so we didn't have to go to control center to send music out.