If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

I cant update my media server

jamesmoonjamesmoon Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass

i can lo into my devices with my usual account details, but when i try and log in on my server to carry out the update it does not appear to recognize me. i have tried resetting the password and rebooting everything. do you have to be a paid member to update ?

any help appreciated as a bit of novice

Answers

• nokdimnokdim Posts: 909Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, TunerTester Plex Ninja

You do not need to be a paid member to update, paid members get additional updates which are not provided to the public so as long as there is a newer "public" release available you should be able to update.

So it depends on what version you are on..