If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Sonos App will not find specific media

PwrbiltPwrbilt Posts: 24Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi All
Newbie to Sonos here. I have successfully setup Plex App inside Sonos App. I can see all my media (without visual Metadata, no covers). But when I start to play any song I get the same prompt "Unable to play ** - cannot connect to Plex". I have Remote Access Turned on!!! I'm missing a set somewhere. Appreciate any help in advance. Pwrbilt (Rob B.)

Best Answer

Answers

• PwrbiltPwrbilt Posts: 24Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Still working this problem, not really sure what I'm doing. Disabled DLNA, that didn't really work. Then turned on Manually Specify Public Port. That seemed to work. Have only tested this using my network. Still looking for someone who has had this problem and has a true fix. Thanks Pwrbilt

• andycarverandycarver Posts: 39Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@Pwrbilt said:
    Still working this problem, not really sure what I'm doing. Disabled DLNA, that didn't really work. Then turned on Manually Specify Public Port. That seemed to work. Have only tested this using my network. Still looking for someone who has had this problem and has a true fix. Thanks Pwrbilt

I believe it broke with cloud auth. That looks to have been reverted but still affects.

A crappy work around is to replaced the queue with one mp3. It will than play until the queue hits its limit / buffer.

Flac won’t play and will break the queue