If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Harmony Remote Support with OS X High Sierra

TactualRainTactualRain Posts: 24Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi there.

Has anyone managed to get High Sierra working with Plex (1.3.5 or 2) with a Harmony Remote? I'm having a tremendous amount of pain (it does not work in 2 at all, and 1.3.5 only supports left and right controls, back/up/down/etc don't work anymore, therefor worthless).

Not a huge fan of moving to a mouse and keyboard to control Plex. Help?

Answers

• pjironspjirons Posts: 4Members

I'd like to add that I'm having the same problem with an Apple Remote. Up and Down has stopped working which pretty infuriating!
    What I have noticed though is that outside of plex Up and Down seems to be controlling Volume. Looks like Apple have broken their API to me. I've posted a mail to apple.

(Also Mac mini - mid 2010)

• Ery7Ery7 Posts: 6Members, Plex Pass ✭✭

I have the same problem with Mac Mini, High Sierra and Apple Remote up/down buttons.

• displaceddisplaced Posts: 55Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same here with OpenPHT!

Since the beta was available for many months, I’m hoping this is known to the devs and there’ll be a fix shortly!!

• BurtCFII@aol.comBurtCFII@aol.com Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'm having the same issue. After upgrading to High Sierra the up and down button will not work on my apple remote while using PLEX theater on my Mac Mini.

• Ian.GIan.G Posts: 57Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Ditto, same problem with Apple Remote and swanky Harmony remotes. It looks like IR codes have been remapped in the OS itself rather than anything specific to Plex ? I hope its fixed soon but I'd bet its going to be low priority.

In the meantime its a good reason to use the remote control functionality that exists in the iOS Plex application.

Select your media player:

Once you've selected your media server choose the remote icon:

And you can control from your Phone/Tablet. Its not perfect but its better than reaching for a mouse at the moment.

• jayz78jayz78 Posts: 192Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited October 12

I suggest to those affected that you use Remote Buddy to fix the issue. I’ve used it for years and it’s an excellent piece of software.

Here is the statement about it in the release notes of the latest version.

-Fix: in the final High Sierra release, there was no reaction to up and down button presses on Apple Remotes if Candelair wasn't installed. Fixed.

https://www.iospirit.com/products/remotebuddy/releasenotes/

• MooptasticMooptastic Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same problem here

• suprawsmsuprawsm Posts: 14Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Same problem here.

I did try the candelair driver, but it didn’t fix the issue. Didn’t install remotebuddy as I really have no use for remote outside of Plex.

Hopefully plex will fix this soon!

all-banner.jpg

• LewisPHLewisPH Posts: 73Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Also experiencing this. Having a huge impact on the user experience for me, opening the app every time I want to do anything including pausing a show is a major problem!

[ Server: Mac Mini 2.5ghz i5 | OS: OS X High Sierra | Storage: WD MyBook Duo Thunderbolt 6TB ]

[ Receiver: Sony STR DN1040 | Speakers: B&W 684 Theater 5.1 | TV: Samsung 60" 3D LCD | Console: PS3 ]

Players: iPhone 7+ (iOS 11) | iPad Air 2 (iOS11) | 2012 Retina Macbook Pro 15" 2.6ghz i7 (OS X High Sierra) ]