Our forum migration to Discourse is underway and scheduled to last through June 21. During the migration, the forums will be read-only, except for a single temporary forum (contents of which will not be getting transferred). Read our announcement post for more information about the forum migration.
Hey folks, there is a new Podcast category for forums https://forums.plex.tv/categories/podcasts
If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Can't sync data - Plex error 999

SynnSynn Members, Plex Pass Posts: 89 Plex Pass

Hi,

I synced a large number of files prior to updating my PMS to the latest release 1.9.2.4285

Tried to sync to my iPhone today and continually get Uh-Oh The operation couldn't be completed. Plex error 999

Only change is the update to Plex version as stated above. There are no outstanding client updates

Does anyone have a fix for this, as I'm going away and need to sync data quite urgently

Best Answer

• SynnSynn Posts: 89 Plex Pass
    Accepted Answer

Nevermind - force quitting the Plex iOS app seems to have resolved the issue.

(leaving this here in case it helps anyone else)

Answers

• SynnSynn Members, Plex Pass Posts: 89 Plex Pass
    Accepted Answer

Nevermind - force quitting the Plex iOS app seems to have resolved the issue.

(leaving this here in case it helps anyone else)

• LVNeptuneLVNeptune Members, Plex Pass Posts: 13 Plex Pass

Ashamed to admit this but I was having the same issue, restarted device, still wouldn't sync. Never thought to kill it and re-launch it.

• ovqovq Members, Plex Pass Posts: 148 Plex Pass

Yep. Same happened to me and force-quit solves the tripple-niner.

• rhelliwellrhelliwell Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1 Plex Pass

Same issue, same solution! Thanks for posting.

• Gareth321Gareth321 Members, Plex Pass Posts: 11 Plex Pass

Thanks, fixed for me as well!

• samrosamro Members, Plex Pass Posts: 1 Plex Pass

Yep. Force quit and reopen fixed it for me as well. Seems there is a bug to hunt down. Just a reminder to the iPhone X users, they changed the force quit procedure:

• You need to get to the list of open apps by swiping up from the bottom and holding until the list appears.
    • Find the Plex screen and hold down on it until a minus sign appears on the app.
    • Tap the minus sign to force quit.