If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Ideas .. Haystack TV and further

booreebooree Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I love the idea of personalised News.
For the last 6 months I was/am using a similar service Haystack TV and I do believe there is a loads of features based on them here.

Atta boys.

Now what is lacking this service now ( and also H.tv ):

• to resolve some crashing bugs
  • to speed up loading videos ( pre-loading next on the play-list? )
  • to set your own hashtags to see as first if they are listed on any video in the stack ( at the moment you can only mark those provided alongside video )
  • to list all of hashtags ever published so you can mark them later in one go, ever selected, all muted
  • list of videos liked
  • adding news videos to watch later list
  • to add more sources of course ( late night shows like in the H.tv - my best channel, youtube channels? )
  • to allow sharing videos to social media tw, fb ...

first day and it's already very good service .. well done

Greg

Answers

• StretchstrongStretchstrong Posts: 151Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I love haystack, one more bullet point to add

• don't show me the same video(s) I've already watched

I use haystack multiple times a day and it's simple, one click and the app will launch and I'll get new news stories because they hide the stuff I've already seen. With Plex its much more a manual process, and for that reason I've had to go back to Haystack.

But I'm rooting for you guys.

• PanzerXPanzerX Posts: 58Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

IMO, Haystack is better than Plex News (more sources, more configurable, some curation -editor's picks- and is ad-free).

• robohoforobohofo Posts: 6Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Agree that Plex News could look at Haystack for comparison.
    I see as well that Haystack has higher quality video clips (since it's embedded YouTube videos), starts up faster, less ads (they do have ads now, though easy to skip).
    I tried Plex News (big fan and user of Plex), but Haystack on my Android TV (Nvidia Shield based) is much simpler and more useful.