If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

How to suggest / add sources

bernard038bernard038 Posts: 11Members ✭✭

As a news junkie, I do like the news option. But, in my view the number of sources is, at this moment somewhat limited. How can I suggest news sources? (Such as BBC world news ;))

Comments

• BigWheelBigWheel Posts: 10,324Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee
    edited October 2017

We can't make any promises about adding because we have to work with the providers and that can take time. But please do suggest here in forum who you would like to see added.

I am making this thread pinned at top for the sake of not having new ones created. Please post your desired source in here.

Also I am only going to say this once so everyone knows. Any posts that are negative/hostile towards someones desired source will just be unceremoniously deleted.

Logs > https://support.plex.tv/articles/201869908-log-files/
  • wolfmanbasswolfmanbass Posts: 17Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@bernard038 said:
    As a news junkie, I do like the news option. But, in my view the number of sources is, at this moment somewhat limited. How can I suggest news sources? (Such as BBC world news ;))

I'm guessing they will only add sources that will pay them to be included. I very much doubt we will see the BBC using my licence fee in this way.

• bernard038bernard038 Posts: 11Members ✭✭

@wolfmanbass, I do not know if letting news providers pay for putting their content on Plex News is part of the businessmodel of Plex. But if so, I wouldn't mind if a small part of my license fee for the Dutch channels is being used to ensure that you finally can watch the latest developments in the field of windmills, dykes and the innovations in the clog-making industry. Hey, i will throw in a language course for free even so you can master the Dutch language!
    Serious: including a 'base-package' of leading news-sources, (BBC, CNN, Al-Jazeera, a major news-outlet per country), without asking them for a fee might be an incentive for other, less known, news-sources to pay a fee to be included, as 'their' content is shown between the content of the BBC and CNN, giving them, at least, an air of trustworthiness....

@BigWheel, Some suggestions are:

• BBC-Worldnews
    • CNN-World
    • Deutsche Welle news (and not only the items about cars :wink: )
    • Al Jazeera (English)
    • New York Times Video
    • A (or a few) major news outlets for each country, so every Plex-User can enjoy their national news (or news from a different country)
  • cayarscayars Posts: 4,389Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

I'd suggest Fox News Channel as well as MSNBC as well.

10.2K+ Movies, 410 Shows - 33.8K+ TV Episodes, 490 Christmas Movies, 445 Documentary, 290 3D Movies, 1300 NFL Games, 1280 Educational Videos, Premium Music: 215K+ Tracks, 775 GB Plex Meta-Data. 6 Network Cable Tuners.
    Thread on my setup with some tips and tricks: https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/131308/cayars-setup-walk-through-and-some-tips-and-tricks/p1
  • jpbelangerjpbelanger Posts: 6Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

There's a huge lack of canadian news in the feature, sources like CBC, TVA and CTV would be more than welcome.

• haywardbhaywardb Posts: 26Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

News Hub (New Zealand) - http://www.newshub.co.nz

haywardb

• joltcoderjoltcoder Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass
    edited October 2017

Is there an interface that we can use to have our favorite news source provide (e.g. RSS, Video Podcasts, etc.) conform to?

Fox News
    Fox Business
    CBS News
    NBC Sports (Philadelphia)
    NFL News

• samirwjda@gmail.comsamirwjda@gmail.com Posts: 2Members

Al jazeera English
    CNN

• VitoreroVitorero Posts: 56Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Cnet Channel please! :)

• MrNightingaleMrNightingale Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'm really wanting live news for Global and CTV in Canada. For now, I'm going to have to buy a small antenna and hope I can get them.