If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

How do I change the locality for the news.

tmfdiatmfdia Posts: 2Members

Plex asked me for my zip code when I 1st set news up, but I am dissatisfied with the results and wish to try a different zip code. I've read the FAQ as well looking at my settings, but did not see where to change the zip. (new service, bugs to be worked out, I'm sure)

Thanks.

Best Answer

Answers

• tmfdiatmfdia Posts: 2Members

Obvious once I know where to look. Thanks for the fast response.

• boomtasticboomtastic Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

This is great, but it doesn't work in the Plex for LG TV, Plex for Android app, or Plex for Web - which is all I'm running. I guess I could try loading Plex on the PS3, but that seems like a LOT of work just to customize the locale for a section that, honestly, should be tied into the main part of the personalization .....

• webwebsterwebwebster Posts: 27Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'm an Ex-pat and want American news, even though I live in Holland. The fix listed above doesn't allow me any alternative to The Netherlands, however. This need to be fixed.

• GroodlesGroodles Posts: 19Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'm not convinced that this feature works at all.

I've set my location to UK and all I see is American news. There's NOTHING offered to me which originates/references/is to do with the UK.