If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

i can see theres a new feature , the plex news but i dont see this anywhere ...

SephreniusSephrenius Posts: 5Members ✭✭

can someone help me how to activate this plex news thing
thx

Answers

• BigWheelBigWheel Posts: 10,324Members, Plex Employee, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Employee

which app are you using.

Logs > https://support.plex.tv/articles/201869908-log-files/
  • SteVeeMixxSteVeeMixx Posts: 142Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

iPhone: Top right hand side, three horozontial lines, click, scroll all the way to the bottom where it says "News"

Roku: Left hand side, scroll down through your libraries and it's near the bottom.

That's all I use, I don't believe it's avaiable through "Plex Web", I tried the other day so I could stream it to my home audio system (like the way I stream music from Plex to the entire house). But, I sadly didn't see the news option so I had to turn the tv on, but I love Plex news, I don't understand all the pushback people have for it...just don't look for it, it's not like it starts up when you open a client. God bless you Plex developers, keep up the great work!!

iPhone: Top right hand side, three horozontial lines, click, scroll all the way to the bottom where it says "News"

Roku: Left hand side, scroll down through your libraries and it's near the bottom.

That's all I use, I don't believe it's avaiable through "Plex Web", I tried the other day so I could stream it to my home audio system (like the way I stream music from Plex to the entire house). But, I sadly didn't see the news option so I had to turn the tv on, but I love Plex news, I don't understand all the pushback people have for it...just don't look for it, it's not like it starts up when you open a client. God bless you Plex developers, keep up the great work!!

• jriggzjriggz Posts: 6Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'm really curious why they didn't include it in the web player. Since I can't upgrade my server past 1.3.x I'm stuck using the web app... and I guess I just don't get to use this feature even though it has nothing to do with my PMS. Are there plans for this, or am I even more left in the dust of forced obsolescence?