If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Long press for apps

d3v1d3v1 Posts: 8Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Hi,
I have created a small plugin/channel for listening to radio.
Would it be possible on the ios app to long press the channel and then show like my two favourite radio stations (which i can chance with a config or something) ?
I tried searching for this but couldn't really find anything about this

Answers

• shopgirl284shopgirl284 Posts: 2,699Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja, Forum Moderator Plex Ninja

Not sure what you mean by a "long press," but channel plugins cannot control the Plex player app. In Plex, the environment is completely controlled by the player apps, including media playback.

The channel plugin framework/API just allows you to create the various types of objects which are converted to XML documents that are read and used by each Plex player app to produce the various sections and media list types/metadata of your channel plugin as well as the individual media objects that the players use to decide how to play that media based on its codec support.

Also see https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/comment/1403077/#Comment_1403077

Many issues and questions can be resolved by reviewing the Plex Support Documentation
    Providing details about your issue, Plex setup, and including log files are important when when asking for help on the forums.
    See Log Files
    Before posting channel plugin questions or issues, please review the pinned threads at the top of the Channel Plugin forum:
    READ FIRST: Guidelines for Posting Channel Plugin Issues/Questions and Things to Check First
    FAQ for Channel Plugin FAQ