If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Force Transcoding of Live TV?

joberdickjoberdick Posts: 7Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I have an issue with watching one of my OTA channels live on my Shield. I can watch the channel on other devices, just not shield. It says connection to server failed. It looks like its trying to direct play but the shield client has an issue. A quick work around would be to transcode. Recorded files of this channel also fail.

I also don't care for the quality of how the shield handles interlaced channels and it seems Plex server does a better job of de-interlacing.

Anyway I can force live TV to transcode for Shield?(and no, changing the quality level to some absurd level isn't an acceptable way)

Answers

• Bob_HBob_H Posts: 22Validating, Plex Pass Plex Pass

PLEX Web, Settings, Server, on left select Live TV & DVR, select settings icon for your tuner, there is option to force ''Transcode'.

• joberdickjoberdick Posts: 7Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@Bob_H said:
    PLEX Web, Settings, Server, on left select Live TV & DVR, select settings icon for your tuner, there is option to force ''Transcode'.

Thanks Bob. However, I am referring to transcoding of the client stream to the device watching live video. I believe that settings is transcoding the incoming stream from the HDHomerun.