If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Currupt image hw decoding H.264 Mkv with a HD 5770

red5goaheadred5goahead Posts: 18Members ✭✭

I normally use an R7 260X video card but recently it failed and I replaced it with a temporary card waiting to replace it probably with an RX 560. Leaving the hardware acceleration video configuration on the default setting, i. e. active, does not work correctly as shown in the attached image. Deactivating it or set the copy-back works without any problem. With the R7 video card I've never had any problems

Best Answer

Answers

• vlangvlang Posts: 1,648Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

If this is on Windows, it's probably a well known AMD. Other software tends to blacklist these drivers. But newer driver versions should have this fixed anyway. Can you try updating your drivers?

• red5goaheadred5goahead Posts: 18Members ✭✭

Unfortunately the video card is quite old (six or seven years I guess) and the available drivers are the latest. I preferred to leave those distributed by Windows Update. It's not a big problem because in any case I should change the video card to a newer one but I'm trying to find out if the R7 has really failed and it's not some other installation or power supply problem. It would seem not, since the backup card that I have in use currently works well.

• red5goaheadred5goahead Posts: 18Members ✭✭

@AgentDrTran said:
    I had this same issue. Turning on "NativeWebGl" under settings fixes it as well

The problem with that setting is that the refresh change is no longer performed

• AgentDrTranAgentDrTran Posts: 69Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@red5goahead said:
    Unfortunately the video card is quite old (six or seven years I guess) and the available drivers are the latest. I preferred to leave those distributed by Windows Update. It's not a big problem because in any case I should change the video card to a newer one but I'm trying to find out if the R7 has really failed and it's not some other installation or power supply problem. It would seem not, since the backup card that I have in use currently works well.

My issue was with the AMD HD 5450 , it may be a driver issue.