If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Plex Media Server went offline

dobber524dobber524 Posts: 6Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

My Plex Media Server on Nvidia Shield recently went offline randomly, and I can't get it to come back online. I'm running Plex on Nvidia Shield. I tried rebooting the Nvidia Shield, uninstalling all updates to PMS and Plex, updating the operating system, and updating Plex and PMS to the most current versions. I made no changes before the PMS went offline.

Any thoughts on getting this server back?

Answers

• zarthragzarthrag Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'm having the same issue. Tried updating PMS - didn't work. Installed the Shield Android update, still doesn't work. PMS is dead.

• zarthragzarthrag Posts: 4Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I've found the issue on my shield - the USB stick I had inserted that provides space for transcoding. I had to eject/forget the stick, reinsert/reformat as local storage, then PMS ran successfully. Sure would have been nice to have (at least) a proper error message - this should NOT have stopped the server from starting.

• dobber524dobber524 Posts: 6Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

This did not work for me.

Anyone else have any ideas?

• cornchipcornchip Posts: 2Members

I unplugged both external disks and reattached them, then hard booted by disconnecting the power. The PMS says running but the local plex interface shows no libraries and app.plex.tv cannot connect.

This also didn't work for me. Still trying to avoid investing more and more hours fixing tags and rebuilding collections

• Robert_MPRobert_MP Posts: 7Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Going by the original post this sounds like the same as happened to me. No external drives plugged into my shield pro. Not getting any update options having uninstalled plex updates

Posted in a different section as i have plex pass.
    https://forums.plex.tv/discussion/290829/pms-stopped-working-on-shield/p1?new=1
    didn't get me any replies there either.

And now the server is just gone. Thanks, Plex!