If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Server offline or unreachable

I have a brand new Samsung smart TV that has the Plex app installed. When I try to log onto my server from the app, I get the "offline or unreachable" message on the TV. The thing is, when I go to my PC (server) and check devices, the Samsung TV shows up there as a connected device. On my TV Plex app screen it shows my server's IP address. I've tried manually log in, same screen. I've tried turning off my firewall, security programs and still get same message on the TV app. What else can I try?

Answers

• moody_bluemoody_blue Posts: 2,899Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja

Logs please.

QNAP TS-253A 4G QTS 4.3.4.0411 (beta3) + PMS 1.10.1.4561 (beta) + QPython2 2.7.12.0 + PlexConnect 0.5-dev-161017

TV Sony KDL-32V2500 (720p) + aTV3 Rev. A firmware 7.2.2 + Denon AVR-1604 A/V Receiver 5.1 + Harmony Touch

Portables 1x iPad4, 2x Android phone, 1x Android tablet, 2x PMP on Win10

No support via PM unless requested by me

• eva_in_sfeva_in_sf Posts: 2Members Plex Pass
  • achillesk58@yahoo.comachillesk58@yahoo.com Posts: 1Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

i’m having the exact same issue

edited October 17

@eva_in_sf There are several network errors in your logs that makes me think that you have a firewall or anti-virus active and interfering with Plex traffic. Can you pls let me know if TV and PC are in the same LAN ? And what is the IP assigned to the TV (I can see the IP of the PC in the logs).

What is in IP 10.1.1.211 ?

QNAP TS-253A 4G QTS 4.3.4.0411 (beta3) + PMS 1.10.1.4561 (beta) + QPython2 2.7.12.0 + PlexConnect 0.5-dev-161017

TV Sony KDL-32V2500 (720p) + aTV3 Rev. A firmware 7.2.2 + Denon AVR-1604 A/V Receiver 5.1 + Harmony Touch

• dizzywebdizzyweb Posts: 8Members ✭✭

Having the same problem. If you manually enter the IP of your server in setting in the plex app on your TV, can you see your server then? I can (but logging in rarely works if I do that).

edited October 18

@dizzyweb When you specify the IP of your server in the TV app, the TV app will contact PMS directly, and if PMS is parametrized to accept the access request (see following pic), this will work.

But if the TV is logged in, it will ask to plex.tv "what are the IP addresses of the PMS servers that my userid has access", and if you have not enabled remote connections in PMS, plex.tv will not know that your local server is active.

In other words, you must enable remote connections on PMS even if the access is local. Also, in some rare cases (such as DNS rebinding), PMS can consider that local devices are "remote".