If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

Regarding QNAP remote control and OpenPHT

hinder90hinder90 Posts: 58Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Per the FAQ I dumped the QNAP-provided package of PHT and installed OpenPHT instead. It's quite a bit different and would seem to lack a lot of bells and whistles that the QNAP package provided, but the the fact that it plays media properly is a lot more important than having a cool screensaver made up of FanArt from my collection.

Still, there UI has some specific bits of clunkiness that actually do affect usability a bit that I wanted to ask about. For one, the integration of the QNAP remote and OpenPHT is peculiar. For one, to toggle pause and play, you need to first hit "Pause/Play" button and then hit OK? I admit I am much more familiar with the various STB client Plex media players, so maybe this is typical behavior for PHT. The thing is, is this typical behavior for OpenPHT or just PHT in general to have toggling pause and play be a two step process? It seems cumbersome. Maybe it is because the "Pause/Play" button invokes the player controls while "OK simple executes whatever command is selected. It would seem that the menu button would be better suited to this purpose but maybe there is a reason for that too.