If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

DTS not showing in AV Receiver

gkwlokigkwloki Posts: 1Members

Hello together,

first of all my setup:

• Synology DS213 NAS
  • Denon 1910 Receiver
  • Fire TV 4K
  • Plex Media Server on NAS
  • Kodi 17.4 with PlexKodiConnect on FireTV

The FireTV is connected to the AV Receiver via HDMI and via Cable to my LAN.

Now my question: Why is DTS not showing in my Denon display? I have put everything on passthrough within the Kodi and PlexKodiConnect settings. I also put DolbyDigitalPlus settings within the FireTV settings on "auto". When playing a movie from my NAS with DTS sound, the Denon display shows "Multi IN" which means that somewhere on the way from my NAS to my A/V Receiver the audio gets transcoded.
When playing a movie with DolbyDigital 5.1, then my Receiver correctly shows "DOLBY D".

Does anyone has an idea? I searched the web now for two days not finding my issue.

Answers