If you have not already, we suggest setting your Plex username to something else rather than email which is displayed on your posts in forum. You can change the username at https://app.plex.tv/desktop#!/account
Welcome to our forums! Please take a few moments to read through our Community Guidelines (also conveniently linked in the header at the top of each page). There, you'll find guidelines on conduct, tips on getting the help you may be searching for, and more!

High Sierra & Plexconnect

mschlotzmschlotz Posts: 218Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Can anyone tell me if these two still work? If so, what version of PMS are you using?

Comments

• mschlotzmschlotz Posts: 218Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

Really??? Nobody has run Plexconnect & PMS on High Sierra?

• dg4prezdg4prez Posts: 2Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

I'm using it. For some reason there is a DNS server already running on my mac mini on the ethernet port. I can't figure it out - even after a fresh install of the OS it responds to dig queries, completely blocking plexconnect from doing so unless it's on another port. which wouldn't work for the ATV of course, there's no way to change the port DNS is using there. i ended up setting plexconnect to bind to the wireless interface, which didn't have any weird DNS shenanigans. that works well.

I'm on high sierra latest with ATV3 7.2.2.

• mschlotzmschlotz Posts: 218Members, Plex Pass Plex Pass

@dg4prez said:
    I'm using it. For some reason there is a DNS server already running on my mac mini on the ethernet port. I can't figure it out - even after a fresh install of the OS it responds to dig queries, completely blocking plexconnect from doing so unless it's on another port. which wouldn't work for the ATV of course, there's no way to change the port DNS is using there. i ended up setting plexconnect to bind to the wireless interface, which didn't have any weird DNS shenanigans. that works well.

I'm on high sierra latest with ATV3 7.2.2.

'...bind to the wireless interface' not certain I'm following you here. Can you explain a bit more?

• moody_bluemoody_blue Posts: 2,906Members, Plex Pass, Plex Ninja Plex Ninja
    edited December 7

PlexConnect can be installed in a machine where a DNS server is running. If you have a DNS server running that is for a reason, otherwise it's preferrable to disable it and let PlexConnect do the job.

The Synology installer thread contains, in post#1, instructions that you can probably use as a base to parametrize DNS server in other platforms.

QNAP TS-253A 4G QTS 4.3.4.0411 (beta3) + PMS 1.10.1.4561 (beta) + QPython2 2.7.12.0 + PlexConnect 0.5-dev-161017

TV Sony KDL-32V2500 (720p) + aTV3 Rev. A firmware 7.2.2 + Denon AVR-1604 A/V Receiver 5.1 + Harmony Touch

Portables 1x iPad4, 2x Android phone, 1x Android tablet, 2x PMP on Win10

No support via PM unless requested by me